Before you apply, check the position description, so that you know what we expect from you.
Scanner Will be announced.
- Owns a scanner that is NOT a document scanner.
- Has possibly the financial means to provide one or more books to a series, or other random manga of interest.
- Is willing to bend the book and break its spine to achieve best quality raws. Alternatively, cutting out the pages.
- Can read and understand the Japanese language.
- Is able to produce fluent English sentences.
- Strives for perfection. 😉
- Has a firm grasp of the English language (grammar, spelling).
- Can rewrite sentences to improve the flow without losing too much of the meaning.
Editor (Cleaning & Typesetting) OPEN
Cleaning consists of:
- Converting raws to grayscale.
- Rotating: vertical lines are 90°.
- Cropping: cut off any surplus space around the page.
- Leveling: make black areas black, white areas white.
- White out: remove text from bubbles, narratives, SFX, etc.
- Redrawing: reproduce the background behind texts, SFX, etc.
- Dodging: remove dirt and spots.
Typesetting consists of:
- Adding in text in a readable, presentable manner.
- Making SFX look all nice and shiny.
- Checking for overall readability and typographic consistency and aesthetic.
Quality Check (QC) CLOSED
- Check text for any last grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- Check plot consistency (re-reading earlier chapters/volumes recommended).
- Check for dirt and spots.
- Check for typesetting inconsistencies (bad word/line break, fonts, font size, etc.).
- Save pages and make file ready for release.
Contact us at game.over.or.continue [at] gmail.com and don’t forget to include your name, desired position, and your experience (experience is not needed for applying),
or use the form below.
No proper contact form right now. Stupid plugin won’t work -.-
Alternatively, you can leave a comment. Include a proper, working email address in the email field, so that we can contact you because we won’t reply here on the website.